Makes enough for 8 x 180ml / 8mm ramekins
This batter rises a little. Serve straight from the oven or warm. You can make the batter ahead of time and prepare the ramekins and cook it when you’re ready to eat.
200g blueberries, stalks removed
30g unsalted butter
75g + 2 tbsp caster sugar
50g plain flour
15g cocoa powder
40g dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
120ml single cream
Double cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180˙C.
- Weigh out the blueberries into a sieve and give them a quick rinse under cold water. Allow to dry.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. There is no need to let it bubble.
- Brush the insides of 6 ramekins with some of the melted butter.
- Keep the remaining butter warm for later.
- Tip 2 tbsp. of caster sugar into one of the ramekins and shake the dish so it spreads around the bottom and up the sides tipping the excess into the next ramekin as you go.
- Repeat with all 8. You may need a little more sugar.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Put the eggs, vanilla, and cream into a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and whisk to make a batter.
- Finely chop the chocolate and add this to the batter.
- Pour any remaining melted butter into the ramekins dividing it equally between them.
- Put 15g of blueberries into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Pour over the chocolate mixture make sure you scoop up any of the chocolate that may have sunk to the bottom.
- Top with another 10g blueberries.
- Place onto a shallow sided baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and cooked through.
- Sprinkle over a little extra sugar and serve with a jug of double cream.
.Swap the blueberries for chopped plums or cherries or indeed any fruit!